What are some of our activities?
The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is an organization of both women and men that welcomes diversity, equity and inclusion. Located in California's Capitol, League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is uniquely positioned to participate in the study of political issues at both the local and state level.
- We encourage informed and active participation in government.
- We work to increase understanding of major public-policy issues.
- We influence public policy through education and advocacy.
- The Sacramento League launched an education campaign to educate voters about Ranked Choice Voting. Ranked Choice Voting allows voters to rank candidates by preference, eliminates the “spoiler effect”, promotes civil campaigning and saves money by providing a majority winner in one election, eliminating runoffs. Contact email@example.com for more information on training for small or large groups. (more....)
- The Sacramento League was recently featured as a case study in the book Vote for US, by Joshua Douglas, Ph.D. He tells the story of how we led a governance reform effort in Sacramento. (more....)
- The League of Women Voters Sacramento County has an Observer Corps for the Sacramento Police Review Commission and we are working on something for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as well. (more...)
- The Anne Rudin Scholarship award winner this year is Clarissa Laguardia, a graduate student at CSU, Sacramento working on her Masters in Public Policy and Administration. Suffragists Club members celebrated with her at reception on October 9, 2019. For more information about joining, see the various membership levels.
The League does not support nor oppose candidates or political parties.
Where do we teach people about voting? (past events)
- Language Accessibility Committee (Registrar's Office) 10/9/19
- Collaboration with the National Council of Jewish Women at Take Back the Night voter registration 10/12/19
- Colonial Village tree planting voter registration 10/12/19
- California Free Thought Day voter registration 10/13/19
- Community Engagement Center voter registration (CSUS) 10/17/19
- United States of Women ranked choice voting 10/16/19
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Sacramento Carolyn Mullins voter registration training arrangement 10/7/19
- Galvanize California, United States of Women at CSUS, discuss Ranked Choice Voting, 10/26/19.
- League of Women Voters Sacramento County Unit meetings (La Bou Watt and Folsom) voter registration training 11/3/19
- Cosumnes Oaks High School, several classrooms, 11/5/19
How do I vote in California?
- Voting is easier than ever with Voter's Choice
- You will get your ballot by mail
- You can vote early or on election day
- You can put your signed ballot in any Ballot Drop Box or mail it in
- You can bring your ballot to any Vote Center
- Visit Voting & Elections for more of the California League's voter services including positions on Statewide propositions.
What are some upcoming events (upcoming & past events)?